1. Upload your files
You can be assured that your files are safely uploaded over an encrypted connection. They will permanently be deleted after processing.
- To upload your files from your computer, click “Upload PDF File” and select the files you want to edit or drag and drop the files to the page.
- To upload files from Dropbox, Google Drive or from a website where your files are located, expand the “Upload PDF File” dropdown list and select your files.
2. Split PDF pages in 4 different ways
Split your PDF pages according to your requirements by choosing which method best suits your needs. There are four different methods in DeftPDF's split tool.
a. Save Multiple Page PDF into Separate Pages
- From the four options presented after uploading a PDF file, select “Extract every page into a PDF” to split every page of your PDF file and create separate documents for each.
b. Extract Every X Number of Pages from PDF
- To split pages into parts, select “Split every X pages” and input number of pages that it would be divided.
For Example: You have a PDF file with 6 pages and you want to split it into 3 smaller PDF files with 2 pages each. Input “2” in the text box to extract the PDF every two pages consecutively, having page 1 & 2 together in one PDF file, page 3 & 4 in a separate PDF and pages 5 & 6 together in a different document.
c. How to Visually Select PDF Pages
- To split PDF according to the pages required, select “Select Pages to Split”
For Example: You have a PDF file with 4 pages and you want to split it into 3 new documents. The first document will have 1 page (page 1) and the second document will have 2 pages (page 2, and 3) and the last file will have 1 page (page 4). To achieve this on the thumbnail preview, simply click on the gaps in between pages and group them according to color presented by the preview. Broken lines will also appear on each gap to determine the pages to be divided.
- You can also type the pages to be grouped on the text box and separate each document with a comma. Example: 1, 2-3, 4 will create the same page grouping similar to the previous example.
- Once done, click “Split PDF by pages” on the bottom of the screen to process.
d. Split Every Even Page
- You can also split all the pages by separating all the even pages. Simply select "Split Every Even Page" and convert
3. Download Your PDF Document
Download your file to save it on your computer. You may also save it in your online accounts such as Dropbox or Google Drive, share it via email, print the new document, rename or even continue editing with a new task.