1. Upload your files
You can be assured that your files are safely uploaded over an encrypted connection. The files will permanently be deleted after processing.
- To upload your files from your computer, click “Upload PDF File” and select the files you want to add header to or drag and drop the files to the page.
- To upload files from Dropbox, Google Drive or from a website where your files are located, expand the drop-down list and select your files.
- You can upload 1 file at a time for free accounts while Upgraded Accounts are entitled to upload 5 files.
2. Select and Customize Style
Customize the style, font, color, placement and the sequence numbering based on your requirements. You can customize the following elements:
a. Customize Style
- Customize the labels by encoding the preferred header or footer on the text box. You may also choose from the default samples found on the dropdown list. The chosen and customized styles will be followed and stamped to all of the PDF pages with sequenced numberings (if applicable).
- You can modify where the header or footer will be placed. It can be placed on the following areas of the page: Header Left, Header Center, Header Right, Footer left, Footer Center, Footer Right
c. Document Margins
- Select this increase margins if the text is visible in the header or footer. Increase document margins to avoid overlapping existing text.
- Available fonts can be modified to – Times New Roman, Helvetica, Courier. You may also change the color and the size of the text to be stamped.
e. More Options
- If you want to number specific pages (Apply only to pages), indicate the pages on the textbox. If you also want to start the numbering at a different number, you can also indicate the start sequence at the “Start Numbering from” textbox.
For Example: You want to apply footers on your PDF book which has 10 pages and the first few pages are already stamped with Roman numerals I, II, and III so you want it to be ignored. To do this, input page “4-10” at the “Apply only to pages” and input the number “4” on the “Start numbering from.” This will start the footer on page 4 onwards and start the numbering sequence from number 4.
3. Apply Header / Footer and Download
Add header or footer to your PDF file after modifications by clicking “Add Header/Footer” found on the bottom of the screen. Click “Download” once it is processed to save it on your computer. You may also save it in your online storage such as Dropbox or Google Drive, share it via email, print the new document, rename or even continue editing with a new task.